1. Situation Analysis – Background questions/motivations for using Twitter.
* How did you learn about Twitter?
* When did your organization set up its (first) Twitter account? How many accounts do you have?
* Why did your organization choose to engage with the Twitter community? How have your goals changed over time?
* Describe any resistance you had to overcome to get that first account going
* What other social media networks do you engage with?
* Why should people follow you? In your opinion, why might they unfollow you?
2. Planning – Strategy behind Twitter adoption.
* How did you pick the person who manages your Twitter account?
* How do you integrate Twitter with your overall marketing/communications plan?
* How have you promoted products/services/events on Twitter?
* How do you promote your Twitter account (such as email signatures, links from website, etc)?
* How do you manage, or not manage, the approval process by legal, pr & marketing? (@halfnelson)
* What is your policy on following? Replies? Directs?
* What is your organization’s social media policy for employees?
3. Implementation – How Twitter was implemented/applications used.
* Who tweets for your organization and how are they chosen? Is their identity made public on your Twitter profile? If not, why not.
* How do you let your customers/constituents know who is tweeting for your organization (eg, web site directory)?
* How often do you tweet and what types of content do you tweet?
* How are you planning your Twitter content?
• How did you develop your Twitter voice?
* How do you balance mission-focused tweets vs. a more casual ‘conversation’?
* How do you use hashtags?
* About how much time each day is devoted to your Twitter account?
* What tools do you use to Tweet? And do you tweet from computer/phone/both?
* What auto-Tweet services do you use (eg, TweetLater, TwitterFeed) and why?
* Which link shortener do you use and why?
* What are your favorite tools (and why)?
4. Goals and measurement – How was success defined and measured.
* What are your success measures?
• How do you measure ROI?
* What demographics are you targeting on Twitter? Have you found a ‘generation gap’?
* How do you see Twitter fitting into your long term communications strategy?
5. Lessons learned – Reflections on Twitter/Best Practices/Role models.
* What is something you wish you had known before you started your Twitter account?
* Who are your role models in the Twitter community?
* Have you made a mistake on Twitter? If so, how did you address it?